· Tickets to a game of some description in LA
· Talk to E, see what’s he willing to do with me that’s touristy in LA, and what I’m going solo for.
· Plan clothing – NZ for the first and last part of the trip, US for the rest. Clothing and weather could end up being tricksy
· Hotel in Sydney before first flight
· Hotel in Sydney before flight home
· Hotel for 3 nights in Atlanta.
· Get immunizations (i.e., Tetanus) up-to-date
· Register on www.smarttraveller.gov.au in case of emergencies
· Work out how many packets of TimTams I can fit in my suitcase
· Get tickets to a game of some description in Atlanta
· Organise for cats to stay in the local cattery while I’m away.
· Get mail to house paused while I’m away.
· Get Aus – US adapters for electrical equipment
· Rub in it to all my friends that I’ll be having Thanksgiving, and they shall be in Australia.
Other than that I’m all organized and sorted. Everything (other than the last 3 hotels) is paid for, and while the Aussie dollar has been at an all-time high, I’ve changed a heap of coin over and have just over 4 grand US pocket money. I have never been so organized before.
And speaking of being organised, that my friends is a post a day for an entire month! It went a lot quicker than I thought it would. I hope I haven't bored you too much. :-)
I'm going to try and keep going with daily postings for another month, just to see if I can.