Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 of your own weird habits" and people who get tagged need to write a LJ entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. Whenever I hear thunder I cross myself. Y'know that whole "In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit" crossing yourself. I have no idea why I do, or even when I started to do it. No one else in my family does it, so it's a complete mystery to me where I got it from. The whole crossing yourself thing does get exhausting during a thunderstorm, and makes driving that little bit extra exciting when you've only got one hand on the wheel while the other is gesticulating religiously during a storm.
2. I am so paranoid about singing in public that even when I'm in the car - alone - I mime to the song I'm listening to. I am a crap singer, but I am aces at lip syncing! Better than Ashlee Simpson even!!
3. When I make Rocky Road from scratch, the recipe requires jelly babies to be cut up. I always feel so incredibly guilty about cutting them up that I always apologise to them before I start. And if the jelly babies are deformed in any way, I can't cut them up. For some unknown reason I always feel like they've suffered enough during their short lives, and don't deserve to be mutilated any more.
4. I'm not sure if this is "weird" or more "sociopathic" but when I'm having a really crap day I call the day a "5 bullet day." And calling the day that gives me 5 imaginary bullets to use to shoot at people who annoy me so much I wish that their brains were no longer in their head. And if the day is really shot to pieces and I get through all my bullets before 10am, I use imaginary arrows. (and with the arrows if I can get away with it, I will take the time to grab the bow off my back, and I will actually act out lining the bow and arrow up for a shot). The weirdest thing about this one, is all my friends have embraced it. Ask them how they're going, and sometimes they say "It's a 5 bullet day today." Or even "I've already gone through 12 rounds. Is it time to go home yet??" And one friend has taken the idea of a 5 bullet day, and expanded it. She calls it "A silver bullet day." And when her mother-in-law comes for a visit, she has "golden bullet days."
And I know that the above one is actually quite insenistive and tasteless. But I can't help it, and it does save me from yelling at people.
5. I dance in supermarkets. I usually go shopping with my I-pod and when it gets to a great dance tune, i crank it up and go to town. People wave, and tend to stay away from me.
Tagging mabiana,cycnus39,cdeacon,thenightsfall, and joanne_c